Experience a burst of Caribbean flavors with our tantalizing Jerk Wraps Recipe. A delightful blend of spicy and creamy notes that complements your choice of protein and grilled vegetables. Perfect for a summer barbecue or a festive dinner with loved ones.
Prep Time: 20min
Cook Time: 40min
Total Time: 1hr
- 2lb protein of choice (chicken, beef, pork, tofu, etc.)
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1/4 cup Buffalo Soldier
- salt + pepper, to taste
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise (For the Sauce)
- 1/3 cup yogurt (For the Sauce)
- juice of one lemon or lime (For the Sauce)
- 2 cloves garlic (For the Sauce)
- 1/4 cup Buffalo Soldier (For the Sauce)
- salt + pepper, to taste (For the Sauce)
- 4 pita bread or other wrap (For Assembly)
- cherry tomatoes (For Assembly)
- red onion (For Assembly)
- yellow/orange/red bell pepper (For Assembly)
- italian flat-leaf parsley or cilantro (For Assembly)
- skewers (For Assembly)
1. Mix together soy sauce, lime juice, Buffalo Soldier, and salt & pepper to create a marinade for your chosen protein. Allow to marinate for at least one hour, four hours to overnight is recommended.
2. In a small bowl, create the creamy sauce by mixing the mayo, yogurt, lemon/lime juice, garlic, Buffalo Soldier. Taste for seasoning, adjust with salt & pepper.
3. Chop up and skewer onions, peppers, and the cherry tomatoes for easier grilling. Grill your protein and vegetables at medium-high heat until done to create some good charring. When ready to assemble, grill the pita bread to soften and warm.
4. Place the grilled protein and desired vegetables onto your warm pita, add the creamy jerk sauce, and garnish with parsley or cilantro. Dive into this incredible dish immediately!
Adjust the Prep Time and Cook Time as needed.