Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
- 1 pound rotisserie chicken, diced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 4oz can chopped green chiles
- 1 quart low sodium chicken stock
- 3 cans white beans (Cannellini, Great Northern, or Pinto)
- 1/2 teaspoon MSG
- Salt, to taste
- Black pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup Cinco sauce, or more to taste
- Sour cream
- Shredded cheese (Colby or Monterey Jack)
- Fresh cilantro
- Lime wedges
- Jalapeño slices
- Tortilla chips
1. In a Dutch oven or large pot, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Cook the chopped onion until lightly browned.
2. Add the garlic, oregano, coriander, and cumin. Cook for 1 minute longer.
3. Stir in the chicken broth, diced chicken, green chiles, MSG, and Cinco hot sauce. Bring the mixture to a boil.
4. Reduce the heat to low. Mash one can of beans until smooth and add it to the pot. Add the remaining beans to the pot as well.
5. Simmer the chili for 20-30 minutes, or until the onion is tender and the flavors have blended.
6. Taste the chili and adjust the seasoning as needed.
7. Serve immediately with your choice of garnishes, and enjoy a fantastic meal reminiscent of sunny days spent with friends and family.