Indulge in your cravings with this mouthwatering burger featuring Brimento Cheese, perfectly crisp bacon, and a refreshing touch of pickled red onion. Invite some friends, crack open some brews, and let the good times roll. Ideal for gatherings or summer cookouts, and can be made with grilled chicken breast instead of beef if desired.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
For the Burgers:
- 1 pound ground beef chuck (80/20) OR 1 pound chicken breast, cut to patty size
- Salt and pepper (or your seasoning of choice)
For the Onions:
- 1 red onion
- 1 cup white vinegar
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- Optional: black peppercorns, garlic, bay leaf
- 1/2 pound bacon
- 4 ounces Brimento Cheese
- Tomato slices
- Burger buns
- Black pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 400°F for the bacon, and preheat your grill to medium.
2. In a small saucepan, combine the vinegar, water, sugar, salt, and optional
spices if using. Heat on medium until the sugar and salt dissolve, then set aside to cool briefly.
3. Slice the red onion thinly and place it in a small bowl. Cover with the brine.
4. Line a baking sheet with foil and lay the bacon flat. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until it reaches your desired crispiness. Place the cooked bacon on a plate lined with a paper towel to absorb excess grease.
5. Divide the beef into patties (1/3 lb to 1/2 lb each) and season well with salt, pepper, or your chosen seasoning. Grill until done to your liking, flipping once (approx. 13-17 minutes depending on patty size).
6. Toast your buns and assemble your burger with Brimento Cheese, bacon, pickled red onion, tomato slices, mayo, and black pepper.
Embrace your inner animal mode and enjoy this delicious Brimento Cheese and Bacon Burger, complete with pickled red onion!
cheeseburger, hamburger, pimento, brimstone, brimstone rimjob, grilled, beef, bacon