Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
For the Sauce:
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup Cinco sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice, or to taste
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 dash MSG
For the Fish:
- 1 pound tilapia fillets
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon blackening spice
For the Cabbage:
- 2 cups thinly sliced green cabbage
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- 1 pinch dried oregano
For the Tacos:
- 4 (6-inch) flour tortillas
- 2 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- Thinly sliced radishes
- Torn cilantro leaves
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
- Avocado slices (optional)
- Thinly sliced jalapeno pepper (optional)
1. In a bowl, whisk together sour cream, mayonnaise, Cinco sauce, salt, spices, and lime juice until smooth. Taste and adjust the flavor as needed. Refrigerate the sauce until needed.
2. Season the tilapia fillets with salt and blackening spice.
3. In a separate bowl, combine the cabbage, salt, lime juice, and oregano, and toss together gently using your hands.
4. Heat a pan over medium-high heat. Fold the tortillas in half and fry them on each side with olive oil until browned to your desired level.
5. Fry the seasoned tilapia fillets in the pan until the edges are crispy and the fish is cooked through.
6. Assemble the tacos by portioning out the fish for each tortilla, and finish them with your desired toppings and the prepared creamy Cinco sauce.
7. Serve the fish tacos immediately and enjoy!