Are you a fan of spicy food? Do you love that burn, that fiery sensation that leaves you craving for more? Well, you're not alone. Hot sauce lovers around the world understand the thrill of adding a dash of heat to their dishes. Whether it's for that extra kick in your tacos, a fiery touch to your grilled chicken, or a zesty marinade for your turkey, hot sauce can take your culinary adventures to a whole new level.
One of the most popular hot sauces on the market today is the RedHot sauce. Made from a blend of premium peppers, vinegar, garlic, and other spices, this hot sauce packs a punch of flavor that can transform any dish into a spicy masterpiece. And one dish that truly showcases the magic of RedHot sauce is the RedHot Fried Turkey.
Imagine a succulent, juicy turkey with crispy, golden skin, perfectly seasoned with the bold and tangy flavors of RedHot sauce. The heat permeates through every bite, tantalizing your taste buds and leaving you wanting more. It's a dish that will make your mouth water just thinking about it.
Now, you might be wondering how to make this delectable dish. Well, fret not! We've got you covered. Here's a simple recipe that will guide you through the process of making your very own RedHot Fried Turkey:
- 1 whole turkey, approximately 12-14 pounds
- 2 cups RedHot sauce
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- Vegetable oil, for frying
- In a large bowl, whisk together the RedHot sauce, buttermilk, salt, black pepper, paprika, and garlic powder.
- Place the turkey in a large resealable bag or container, and pour the marinade over it. Make sure the turkey is fully coated with the marinade. Seal the bag or container and refrigerate for at least 12 hours, or overnight.
- Preheat your deep-fryer or a large pot with vegetable oil to 350°F (175°C).
- Remove the turkey from the marinade and let any excess marinade drip off. Discard the remaining marinade.
- In a shallow dish, mix together the flour, salt, and pepper. Dredge the turkey in the flour mixture, making sure it is fully coated.
- Carefully lower the turkey into the preheated oil, breast side down. Fry for about 3 minutes per pound, or until the internal temperature reaches 165°F (74°C).
- Using a meat thermometer, check the internal temperature in the thickest part of the turkey to ensure it has reached the safe temperature.
- Once cooked, carefully remove the turkey from the oil and let it rest for about 20 minutes before carving. This will allow the juices to redistribute and the skin to crisp up even more.
- Serve your RedHot Fried Turkey with your favorite sides and enjoy the spicy, flavorful feast!
And there you have it - a mouthwatering recipe for RedHot Fried Turkey that will spice up your Thanksgiving or any other special occasion. Remember to adjust the amount of RedHot sauce according to your heat tolerance, as this recipe brings the heat!
So, gather your ingredients, put on your apron, and get ready to embark on a culinary adventure that will leave you asking for seconds and thirds. With RedHot sauce, every bite is sure to be a burst of flavor and a fiery delight. Happy cooking!